We shall keep your Personal Data confidential and ensure that our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Data comply with the laws of Hong Kong.
This Statement covers the Personal Data that we collect and handle when you subscribe with us or when you request for our services. This may occur on our website or via other means. It also covers Personal Data that we may generate and compile about you. Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”), then this Statement shall be applied so far as practicable and consistent with such local legislation.
Collection of Personal Data
You may be requested to provide your Personal Data when you use our products and services or when you visit our websites/social media or contact us by telephone/email/inbox, such as but not limited to:
- when you register an online account;
- when you do online shopping;
- when you conduct gift redemption or shopping voucher request;
- when you participate in our promotions and events;
- when you use social media to post information and sharing of activities;
- when you participate in our surveys or questionnaires;
- when you (un)subscribe to our marketing communications;
- when you submit any comments or feedback to us and/or
- when you are required to verify your identity with us.
The Personal Data that you may be requested to provide us includes, but are not limited to, your title, name, gender, phone number, email address, mailing address, birthday information, nationality, personal interests, favourite product categories and other personal data.
It is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). Refusal to provide any Personal Data marked as mandatory may hinder us to handle any subscription or request you are making, and we reserve the right not to provide our products or services, including refusing your subscription application.
All Personal Data will be collected on a voluntary, open and fair basis. Any information that we collect will be used for internal use only, and will not be disclosed to third parties.
Usage of Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- for handling maintaining and managing your subscription application;
- for the provision of sales, or rewards, birthday promotion, reward eCoupon and services under any programs or events by us/our service providers (who are engaged by us to assist with providing you our services);
- or carrying out your instructions, responding to your enquiry or providing customer service to you;
- for performing investigation, research or statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services and for marketing purpose;
- with your consent, for direct marketing purposes, and for notifying you about new product and promotions;
- for forming part of a customer database necessary for us to communicate with you by email, mail or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- for use of the online services available on our website such as online shopping and participate in events and promotions;
- for matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means; and/or
- for observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which us or other class of data recipient are subject.
Personal Data Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to our agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional or other similar services to us.
We may also disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) to any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to your Personal Data in connection with a restructuring of our retail business, and/or merger (as between us and a third party), sale, or transfer (whether of assets or shares, in whole or in part), to use, hold, process or retain such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in clauses 6 above.
Your Right in relation to your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
- access your Personal Data held by us;
- require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the type of Personal Data held by us;
- opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
Any request in relation to the above shall be in writing and sent by email, addressed to email@example.com
We may use your name and contact information from time to time to provide you with the latest information on our products and services. We may also share your Personal Data with business partners who provide the same products and services for their direct marketing purposes in various forms. Your consent is required before we do so.
You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications from RETO by:
- logging into our website;
- email us via firstname.lastname@example.org;
- in the case of emails, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails.
Amendment to this Statement
We may amend this Statement from time to time. If we make any substantial amendments in the way we use your Personal Data, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the website. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice.
You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Statement.